Welcome to the lounge...
Where great ideas come to life!
That’s where I come in
Hi! I’m Stacelynn stace•lynn (one word, two syllables), and I've been a web designer for almost two decades and an recognized Shopify Expert for most of those years.
I'm a strategist, thinker, consultant, designer, natural born idea generator. The girl everyone looks at and says 'How the heck do you know that?". I have both the experience & knowledge to help you bring your business dreams to life, and I always do it with a bit of fun! Apparently I'm pretty easy to work with too - read some kind words others have said...
10 things about me
1. The last time I had a 'boss' was in 1994. The experience made me realize that I have far too many ideas of my own and needed room to run.
2. I’ve loved marketing and communication as far back as I can remember, and it has always helped me find success - no matter my career at the time. *and there have been a few!
3. I've found a way to make an income from the internet since 1994 (ugh, dial-up) and I built my first website in 1996. I was ridiculously proud of it.
4. In 2003 I started The Idea Lounge, finally putting my business, design, and marketing experience to work full-time.
5. I discovered Shopify in 2006, when they were just a tiny startup. By January of 2007, I had built my first Shopify store.
6. That same year I launched my own skincare brand online. I believed that to help other business owners authentically, I should experience ecommerce first hand. It was meant to be a small side-project.
7. My little beauty brand really took off and I was suddenly running it full time, commandeered the two-bedroom basement suite in our house for production, and opened a retail store in Vancouver.
8. As it continued to grow I knew I had to make a decision. I missed being home with my family, and I missed my clients.
9. In 2011 I sold that company and returned to The Idea Lounge full time - but now with a valuable appreciation of what it’s like to be on your side of the table!
10. And here I am years later, having now worked with 500+ amazing shop owners around the world, and still loving every minute of it.
Every day I get to work with creative entrepreneurs and help them build their brand, business - and the life of their dreams.
Are you in? I'd love to work with you too!
*Those other careers? Personal trainer, ad writer, herbalist, clinical nutritionist, teacher, doula, breastfeeding counsellor... just to name a few!