Welcome to the lounge...
Where great ideas come to life!
That’s where I come in
Hi! I’m Stacelynn stace•lynn (one word, two syllables), and I've been a web designer for almost two decades and a top Shopify Expert for 14 years - as in, actually recognized by the Shopify crew as such.
I'm a strategist, thinker, consultant, designer, natural born idea generator. The girl everyone looks at and says 'How the heck do you know that?". I have both the experience & knowledge to help you bring your business dreams to life, and I always do it with a bit of fun! Apparently I'm pretty easy to work with too - read some kind words others have said...
10 things about me
1. The last time I had a 'boss' was in 1994. It didn't go too well. Apparently I have 'opinions' lol.
2. I’ve been involved in marketing and communication since as far back as the 80's. It has always helped me find success, no matter my career at the time. *and there have been a few!
3. I've found a way to make an income from the internet since 1994 (ugh, dial-up) and I built my first website in 1996. I was ridiculously proud of it.
4. In 2003 I started The Idea Lounge, putting my business, design, and marketing experience to work.
5. Shopify opened their doors in 2006, and I have been with them since the beginning. Back then they were just a tiny startup in Ottawa, but a small and loyal group of us could see its potential. Many of us still collaborate to this day!
6. I believed that to help other business owners authentically, I should experience ecommerce first hand. So in 2007 I launched my own skincare line. It was meant to be a small side-project. Ha!
7. My side project took off, and I was suddenly running it full time We commandeered the two-bedroom basement suite in our house for production, and soon opened a retail store in Vancouver.
8. As it continued to grow I knew I had to make a decision. I missed being home with my family, and I missed my clients. You were why I had started this experiment in the first place.
9. In 2011 I sold that company and returned to client work full time - but now with a valuable appreciation of what it’s like to be on your side of the table!
10. And here I am in 2020 (what a year!), having now worked with 500+ amazing shop owners around the world.
Every day I get to work with creative entrepreneurs and help them build their brand, business - and the life of their dreams.
Are you in? I'd love to work with you too!
*Those other careers? Personal trainer, ad writer, herbalist, clinical nutritionist, teacher, doula, breastfeeding counsellor... just to name a few!