The Shopify Maker Package
Created for both site 'make-overs' and new launches. Perfect for indie-makers, artists, crafters & entrepreneurs who want an affordable + beautiful Shopify site
Having an online store just got even easier
As an online entrepreneur you know your website is everything - meeting place, sales rep, showroom, and catalogue.
It’s where the magic happens.
You want to maximize sales and give your customers a remarkable experience - so it’s really important that your website makes a positive first impression through design and functionality.
But sometimes that pressure to do it ourselves makes it hard for us to just get launched!
The Maker Package takes the overwhelm out the process
We aren’t just building you a website. We’re creating a foundation for company that will maximize sales while leading your customers through a remarkable sales experience.
We know your customers want to see your site as professional, yet personable. We know that you'd rather be running your business instead of trying to figure out HTML, snippets (yes, they’re a thing) and stylesheets.
Let me take care of the website, so that you can take care of your business.
THIS PACKAGE IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have a 'get it done' attitude (yay you!)
- You desperately need an affordable make-over... or launching a brand new site
- You're on a tight budget, but still want to look professional
- Your collection of products isn't very large
- You can get your images and content ready by our start date (or you're happy to learn how to add it later on your own)
- You don't require a lot of training and can navigate Shopify's superb documentation and support
- You're not interested in a lot of back and forth. You trust me to wow your customers with the content you provide
ALSO PERFECT IF YOU ARE:
- Anxious to try out Print-on-Demand services such as Printful
- Already on Etsy but want to have your own brand presence as well
- Have a great idea to test, but don't want to spend a fortune yet
- Project workbook and checklists
- Advice & consultation on optimizing your customer's experience
- Shopify account set-up & configuration
- Installation of our proprietary theme
- Customization with your logo, colors, and appropriate fonts
- Layout and styling of your About, Contact, and Shipping Info pages. You can add as many additional pages as you like on your own
- Page copy/formatting cleanup if it's an existing site
- Wholesale contact form
- Image gallery for your Lookbook
- Organizing and creating your collections (categories) & navigation
- Adding up to 10 products plus advice you how to add/manage additional ones
- Custom Gift Card page and Invoices to match your site (the default is kinda ugly)
- Integration with your MailChimp account
- Social media integration - both sharing and connecting
- Customization of shipping, taxes, payment and account admin
- Customization of your hosting account to accommodate Shopify
- Set-up of blog/news functionality
- Completely responsive layout - looks great on desktop, tablet, and mobile phones
- Two weeks of support + a site manual
- Maintenance and upgrade packages available!
Only 1 week to complete!
For this package your fee is due upfront to secure your spot, but is refundable minus a convenience fee if you need to cancel prior to the start date. Be sure to also budget for Shopify's ongoing monthly fees - totally worth it by the way.
How long does this take?
When your start date comes up your site will be ready in one week - awesome huh? Of course this assumes we have all of your homework the week before (check out our reschedule policy below).
You have an additional two weeks to have me adjust your DNS settings (fancy way of saying 'put the site on your domain'). Otherwise I'll send you instructions on how to do that yourself when you're ready.
What if I already have a Shopify site?
Many Maker Package clients already have an existing site, but just need someone to step in and help take it to the next level. I will do a thorough clean-up, organize all of your existing pages and products, optimize your collections, make suggestions on how to increase sales, and add all of those special touches that will make your site work better for you.
So what's not included?
A few things aren't included in this package: copywriting, stock images, branding (like logo design) or significant graphic design, photo manipulation or resizing, a collaborative design process (the back and forth stuff that comes with the Custom package), training, code changes to the theme, bespoke web design. Email me if you have something in mind and wonder if it's included!
Can I scale/grow if I start with this package?
You bet. The path to taking over the world is all yours! Your site can be expanded in a variety of ways, but only when you're ready - just reach out to me, or any qualified Shopify Expert for help.
But please note that this theme is intentially 'light', without the overload of a Premium theme. It is perfect for most beginners.
Many shop owners will want to reach new heights when business starts to grow exponentially - we will often suggest that you move to a more robust theme when that happens. Luckily you'll find lots of help there too!
Can I just purchase the theme and do the rest myself?
Not at this time. Theme sellers are in the theme selling business. We want to be in the 'helping you launch and propelling you towards success' business :)
Can I pick a different theme?
Our Maker package includes our custom-created theme. Years of experience and feedback from artisans, makers, and entrepreneurs have all gone into its creation!
Many of the off-the-shelf Shopify themes try to address the needs of every industry - from Car Parts to T-Shirts. This one was crafted JUST for entrepreneurs like you. No unnecessary features and functions that just complicate things and confuse you. Check out our blank version of the theme and imagine it showcasing your beautiful products!
Will I be able to edit the site myself?
Absolutely! We've included an assortment of settings and customization tools that will allow you to change almost any element on your site - without needing to call in the big guns. But of course I'm here to help if you need it.
Are the monthly Shopify fees worth it?
A million times over - Shopify takes care of your hosting, security, checkout, payments and more. That would really start to add up if you were to seek out those options elsewhere.
- You never have to worry about your site getting hacked (a common worry with Wordpress)
- You own your domain and brand (unlike with Etsy)
- You get a cutting edge platform where all new features are automatically added to your admin (unlike free ecommerce platforms that you have to host on your own server)
What is the refund/reschedule policy?
I require full payment for this package to book your spot. But if you change your mind just let me know prior to your start date. We'll refund your package minus a $200 cancellation fee. Once we start working there is no refund available however.
You can also opt to reschedule your project with advance notice. One reschedule is permitted at no cost. Additional rescheduling has a $200 fee.
THE MAKER THEME
Your site will be created using our in-house, proprietary theme: a clean, easy to use framework which includes all the features you’ll need to succeed. No more ‘feature fatigue’ that comes with most Shopify themes. We created this theme with your vision and needs in mind.
Some highlights of our theme include:
- Easy to use category structure
- Custom gift card page
- Custom printable invoices that include your branding
- Optional Pre-order template - allow your customers to purchase items early
- Optional Monogram template - users can customize their purchase
- SEO optimized theme - Google will love the hell out your website
- Display your Instagram feed on the homepage
- Pinnable product images
- Built-in Image gallery - great for lookbooks
- Optimized Blog pages
- Full integration with MailChimp including pop-up email capture
- Looks great on all devices
- and lots more...
- See a demo of the Maker Theme
HOW IT WORKS
STEP 1: Fill out the contact form
STEP 2: I'll reach out to you to see if we're a fit
STEP 3: Woohoo - it's a go! Book your start date and I'll send over your workbook and checklists
STEP 4: When it's your week I'll reach out again if there are any remaining questions... and then get to work like a busy bee
STEP 5: Go have a bath, take a run, watch Netflix... I take care of the rest
Check out the Custom package if you have complex categories/brands, need a more collaborative design process, or require additional functionality (such as bundling, subscriptions etc)
READY TO GET STARTED?
Prices shown in USD